Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Prayer to the Holy Spirit
Oh, Holy Spirit, Soul of my soul,
I adore you, I praise you,
I thank you, I magnify you.
I thank you that you have made me,
your unworthy servant, your temple.
Do not despise, the inadequacy of your dwelling place,
but rather purify it with your holy presence
that it may be a worthy living sacrifice to God.
I consecrate myself to you today;
all that I am, mind, body, and soul,
I give you today.
Make me your instrument today and everyday
so that the will of the Most Holy Trinity may be fulfill in my life.
Enlighten my mind
so that I may know the truth.
Strengthen my will
so that I may live according to the truth.
Fill my heart with love
so that I may mediate the love of Christ
to everyone who crosses my path.
Strengthen me with a Holy discipline
so that I may diligently preserve through the duties and challenges of my day.
Help me to be a more fervent disciple of Christ, my Lord and Savior.
Sanctify and Transform me
so that I may bear your Holy Gifts of
love, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Discipline me so that I may learn to master my tongue;
Keep me from words that are untrue, unkind, and unnecessary.
Turn my grumbling into thanksgiving;
My gluttony into temperance.
Replace my pride and vanity
with humility and simplicity.
Bestow upon me your charismatic gifts
so that I may boldly proclaim
and bear witness to the Gospel of Christ.
Empower me
to resist the temptations of that world, the flesh, and the Devil
so that I may live with you
as well as the Father and the Son for eternity.

No comments: